Skip to main content

Basement Project: Carpet Installed

It looks much better than a bare basement concrete floor.  The folded carpet is what was left over. Lynette said you can bind the edges to use it as an area rug.  Next the TV and furniture will be delivered but not until after Thanksgiving. 

Here some heavy slate pieces are holding down the wooden trim until the glue dries.

Today was a busy day; waiting for the carpet, taking the trash to the dump, calling Visa, calling the repair service for our microwave.  Thank goodness it's still under warranty. 


I walked around the park and treated myself to an ice cream cone, piece of apple pie and a large ice  tea at McDonald's. The portions of pie and ice cream are small. 



Comments

  1. Beautiful! I kind of miss our carpet now that it's winter again - the floor is much colder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic. Can't wait to see when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful room now - can't wait to see it with furniture in it. I'm sure you both will use it a lot.
    Well you did treat yourself well with the food - good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carpet is nice but I will never have it my home. Whenever I paint I always get some leak on the floor. As long as it's latex and still wait all it takes is some cleaner and a little wiping and its good as new. Paint bonds too well and too fast to carpet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Very comfy and welcoming. I wouldn't turn that leftover carpet into an area rug, though. Area rugs are notorious tripping hazards, with serious consequences for those of us getting on up there in years. The risk is not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The basement is looking great. I think the carpet in the basement makes it more cozy than wood or tile.
    You can't go wrong with ice cream. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

New Posts from Blogger Friends